Some things that you may be wondering….
Peak bloom time is mid-March through mid-May. Enjoy hundreds of Rhododendron species in bloom as well as spring bulbs, perennials, plus flowering trees and shrubs. We hope you’ll come back for a visit at other times of the year – there’s always something to enjoy! See what’s Blooming Now.
So sorry, no pets are allowed in the Garden except for service dogs in identifying blankets. During warm weather we ask that you please do not leave animals in your car. We appreciate your understanding!
Restrooms – fully accessible
Garden Gift Shop – fully accessible
Garden – partially accessible. The main paths to the Rutherford Conservatory and Gazebo are level and covered with fine, compacted gravel. Our Garden is 22 acres, and people of differing abilities can certainly enjoy various portions.
Gravel paths and hilly terrain make the use of wheel chairs difficult through most of the garden.
One option is to enjoy the level areas together and then let those in wheelchairs rest comfortable at the Rutherford Conservatory and Terrace while the explorers in the group adventure farther afield.
We allow picnics only on the Rutherford Conservatory Terrace. Please be mindful to use the trash cans provided.
No, but the Garden Gift Shop offers snacks and beverages as well as apparel, plants, gifts for all ages, and books.
Yes! Some of the plants you see in the garden can be found in the RSBG Nursery which is located near the entrance to the garden. The Nursery is well-stocked year-round with unique, rare, and also much-loved species rhododendrons, as well as hybrids and companion plants. Garden
admission is not charged for those who are only coming to shop.
Yes! We are an independent, non-profit botanical garden. We rely on admission fees, memberships, and donations for support. Your admission fee helps us maintain the garden and conserve species rhododendrons from around the world.
Yes, you may. We just ask that:
• Everyone stay on the Garden paths at all times. Walking in the plantings are strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.
• Other visitors are not to be excluded from their enjoyment of the Garden. You are not given exclusive use of any particular areas of the Garden.
• Photographers are to be courteous to other visitors; please do not block any narrow paths.
• You may call ahead to be sure that there are no major events planned at RSBG that day. Call 253-838-4646 x. 140.
• If you want to share a photo with our Facebook friends, you may do so at: https://www.facebook.com/RhodyGarden as long as you have permission from the person photographed.
No. We are sorry but we no longer rent space for weddings or other outside events.
We are not a part of the Pacific Bonsai Museum, but that collection is free of charge. We do share the parking lot, main entrance and bathrooms with them.